I'm glad to say that life is beginning to sort itself into a new normal around here. Melba is doing very well at most all daily tasks, which most certainly includes reading and writing her own newsy emails. I have cut back on posting here as we have had little official news on the case...the detective called yesterday to say they are continuing to work the forensics. I'm reading between the lines here, but I think they had the guy in for questioning, but he wouldn't acknowledge having robbed the condo, and they didn't have enough evidence at the time to keep him. The local driveway paper ran the sketch again today, with the admonition to keep windows locked up. So much of the crime here in the Foothills is opportunity-driven: open garage doors, unlocked gates, doors and windows. The police love block watch groups, especially the ones that patrol their neighborhoods at all hours.
A condo neighbor came over to Melba's yesterday and when she saw the smallness of the window the robber came through, I think her opinion of the incident changed. She had seen the dining room window (not the kitchen window) in the news video footage and thought, (as did half the Valley of the Sun who watch the evening news) that Meb had been ill-advised to leave 'that' window open. Now she has a different story to tell all her neighbors! I will say, everyone at Toscana Lakeside (especially the single ladies who live on the ground floor) are grateful that large, bright motion detector lights are now installed at 6 or 7 locations around the development.
Many of you will have a higher "high" than we will today....it's 61 degrees, projected to only go up to 66 tomorrow....brrrrrr. Yes, we're weather wimps around here. (86 by Monday...shhhhh!) Happy Halloween, everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment